Ayane, the Ninja Gaiden series’ female ninja, will be playable in Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge for Wii U, Nintendo and Tecmo Koei have confirmed. She will have her own exclusive chapters within the story mode.
Also new in the Wii U version is an online co-op multiplayer mode featuring main character Ryu Hayabasa and the newly added Ayane.
The enhanced Wii U edition also features:
- Chapter Challenge Mode: In this separate mode, players can progress through any of the chapters in the story mode using either Ryu Hayabusa or Ayane.
- Unique Wii U controls: During single-player mode, players can enjoy faster and more fluid action by using the touch screen of the Wii U GamePad controller to select weapons, execute Ninpo or see the combo chart.
- New Weapons and Ninpo Types: Exclusive to the Wii U version, the game includes six weapon types and three Ninpo types for Ryu Hayabusa, allowing for greater game-play variation and deeper strategy. Ayane also comes with her own set of weapons and Ninpo types.
- Character/Weapon Progression System: Using the Karma points earned during game play, players can now upgrade their weapons and Ninpo, earn new moves and increase the character HP level.
- Faster, More Intense Battles: Improved enemy AI, the return of dismemberment, as well as new enemy types and battle.
The game’s due out Wii U launch window. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery. Watch a new trailer below.