Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII detailed in Famitsu
Lightning's (one) happy ending will be told.
Famitsu this week has plenty of new details on Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Square’s newly announced conclusion to the Lightning Saga. Find the lot below.
- The game is currently 30 percent complete.
- This is the end of Lightning’s story, and will have a happy ending. Unlike Final Fantasy XIII-2, it will not have multiple endings.
- Final Fantasy XIII was story-driven, and Final Fantasy XIII-2 was player-driven. Lightning Returns is “World Driven,” meaning the world in constantly in motion.
- One day in the game world is equivalent to one or two hours in the real world.
- The game is designed to be played through multiple times.
- It will not take several dozens of hours to clear a single playthrough.
- Your items might carry over if you challenge the game after a “bad ending.”
- Due to the influence of chaos, people from Final Fantasy XIII-2 have stopped aging and are still alive.
- Novus Partus is composed of two natural terrain continents and two urban continents.
- Instead of choosing commands in battle, you will assign abilities to buttons.
- The battle system is close to an action battle system, however, the ATB gauge still exists.
- Because Lightning is the sole party member, players can have greater concentration in battle.
- Lightning can move freely in battle. But there is also some sort of time influence.
- Lightning has become considerably more lovely.
- The world could end before the 13 days are up, resulting in a “Game Over,” depending on your actions.
- Defeating enemies and clearing quests will increase the world’s life expectancy.
- At the same time, helping certain people could decrease the world’s life expectancy.
- Lightning will come across serial murders in the city.
- Lightning can hide behind obstacles.
- There are many clocks around the city showing the constant movement of time.
- Hope will provide Lightning directions via a communications device.
- Battles can carry out in just about all operations.
Thanks, Game Nyarth.
Save $3 with the coupon code "GEMATSU"