Valhalla Knights 3 will be coming to Japan early 2013 for PlayStation Vita, retailing at 6,980 yen. Famitsu this week has a full report on the Marvelous AQL-developed sequel.
“Along with the conventional elements, we’ve made it more powerful by introducing deeper components,” said producer Yoshifumi Hashimoto. “The main character maneuvers secretly while maintaining their everyday life in this fallen paradise known as Prison Castle.”
He added, “If you are tired from fighting, it’d be nice to chat up the ladies of the guild.”
Motoi Sakuraba is also working on Valhalla Knights 3 as the sound composer.
Story-wise, the main characters come to Prison Castle in a remote area of the continent as spies sent under the guise of treason. They’re on a mission to uncover the location of a treasure left by a legendary criminal. Here are some details regarding gameplay shared in this week’s Famitsu.
- Commands: Story quests, the contents of which vary by guards, captives, etc.
- Commission Requests: Contract quests with the guild and dwellers of Prison Castle.
For the first time in the series, players can experience 7 vs. 7 battles, which transition seamlessly from the field, dungeons, etc.
You can raise weapons and gear by receiving Commission Requests in the pleasure district. Female characters appear in the guild and in shops, and if you form an intimate relationship with them, it’s possible you’ll get “great service” from them.
- This is a single-player game.
- Species: Human / Elf / Hobbit / Dwarf / Nightmare / Beast.
- You can decide your character’s gender, occupation, and characteristics. Their battle style will depend on the characteristics you choose.
- James (CV: Riku Sasaki): He seems to have information on the legendary treasure, but is missing at the moment.
- Veronica (CV: Miyuki Sawashiro): The only daughter of the organization’s boss who is managing the neighborhood. She grew up pampered so she has an egocentric personality.
The game’s cast includes: Akihiko Ishizumi, Okawa Toru, Mitsuo Senda, Youhei Todano, Yasuhiko Kawatsu, Mitsuaki Matono, Koji Ishii, Taketo Koyasu, Riku Sasaki, Hiroshi Tsuchida, Katsuyuki Konishi, Takuya Eguchi, Miyuki Sawashiro, Chiwa Saitou, Risa, Hayamizu, Saori Hayami, Noriko Shitaya, Mariya Ise, Ami Koshimizu, Mai Nakahara, Masumi Asano, Mai Kadowaki, Ryouka Yuzuki, Mikako Takahashi, Masashi Ehara, and Tessho Genda.