Sony has detailed PlayStation Vita firmware update version 1.80, due to release worldwide on August 28. Its full feature set includes:
- Adds support for PSone Classics.
- Control the home screen and some features in applications, such as Video, Music, or Settings, using the buttons on PS Vita.
- Variable speed playback, fast-rewind and fast-forward, and repeat play will be supported in the Video application.
- Music playlists which are imported from PlayStation 3 (PS3) or iTunes under Music application will be supported.
- “Cross-Controller” icon will be added to the LiveArea under the Remote Play application to enable users to play PS3 format software by using their PS Vita as a controller.
Additionally, Sony has announced plans to expand its PlayStation Plus service, currently available for PlaySation 3 users, to PlayStation Vita users later this year. More details on that will be shared at a later date.