Hideo Baba talks Next Tales of
"Are you prepared to destroy the world for a girl?"
Famitsu this week features an interview with Tales series producer Hideo Baba, who shares new details on the next Tales game, set to be unveiled at the Tales of Festival on June 2.
Here are some revealing bits from the interview:
- The game’s catch copy is: “Are you prepared to destroy the world for a girl?” This is related to the game’s story and battle system.
- It is a mothership title (this was already known).
- Until now, the series has beeen known for its “high fantasy,” with swords and magic, however, this time it aims to explore the world view through human civilization. It’s “modern and inorganic.”
- “It’s a new world, you’ll compete in this story.”
- “Of course, we kept in mind the sense of a Tales game, but the next stage that we are taking Tales to was a challenge.”
- “Besides this title there are others under development. We’ll debut new content to everyone on June 2nd, look out for it.”
Thanks, Game Jouhou.