Borderlands 2 will be available in three formats come its September 18 release date. 2K Games and Gearbox Software today announced two limited editions to be released alongside the standard edition. Below are each edition’s contents.
Deluxe Vault Hunter’s Collector’s Edition ($99.99)
- A copy of Borderlands 2.
- Authentic Marcus Kincaid bobblehead.
- Inside the Vault: The Art & Design of Borderlands 2 hardbound book.
- Collectible sticker set.
- Map of Pandora.
- Digital comic download code.
- Bonus downloadable in-game digital content.
Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition ($149.99)
- Everything included in the Deluxe Vault Hunter’s Collector’s Edition.
- A collectible scaled replica of the red loot chests found throughout Pandora in Borderlands 2.
- Steel book case.
- Creatures of Pandora wide-format ID card.
- Lithograph postcard set.
- Field notes from Sir Hammerlock.
- Cloth map of Pandora.
- A numbered certificate of authenticity.
Consumers who pre-order the game (any edition) will gain access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club, allowing them to download:
- The Gearbox Gun Pack – a collection of unique guns to help players begin their journey on Pandora.
- A Golden Key – used to unlock a rare in-game item in the mysterious Golden Sanctuary Loot Chest found in Borderlands 2.
- The Vault Hunter’s Relic – an in-game item that boosts players’ gear-hunting fortune while playing solo or teaming up with friends.
- The Mechromancer character class – will be available following launch when development of the character is complete and is free to those who pre-order Borderlands 2.
Borderlands 2 will launch for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. View the game’s final box art, as well high-res images of the limited editons and pre-order goodies, at the gallery.