This week’s Famitsu not only revealed Time Travelers is due for PlayStation Vita and PSP, it also shared new story and character details.
In the year 2013, the “Lost Hole,” a mysterious hole that suddenly appears in the sky, results in an explosion, destroying Central Tokyo and taking many lives. Eighteen years later, on April 28, 2031, Tokyo has become a futuristic city–holographic signs decorate the streets, and the 2,000-meter-high “Space Elevator” building, which serves as Tokyo’s main power source, rises from the bay.
Famitsu introduces five characters:
- Fushimi Hina: she dreams of becoming a newscaster. She seeks the truth behind a terrorist known as Mysterious Kaijin, in hopes of getting a big scoop.
- Fukase Yuri: a junior in high school, he is a childhood friend of Mikoto, the girl in the original trailer. He is good at sports and school, but doesn’t speak often of his feelings.
- Kamiya Soma: after his wife and child are kidnapped and held hostage, this elite cop is forced to partake in terrorist activity.
- Shindo Kyugo: he was once said to be a genius, but now cons people out of their money by telling them he’s creating a time machine.
- Ressentiment: a cosplayer and real-life hero, he is 30 years old, jobless, recently dumped by his girlfriend of five years, and survives off allowance sent to him by his father.
Time Travelers will be playable at Level-5 World this weekend, so while Famitsu doesn’t shed any light on gameplay details, we’ll probably see a few videos and information come out of the show.