Square Enix is targeting the addition of several new intellectual properties to their hand of development studios. The company’s fiscal year 2011 results indicate more originality is to come from the Japanese publisher.
The publisher’s current targets are:
- Tokyo studio (Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Kingdom Hearts) is targeting the addition of two original IPs.
- Crystal Dynamics (Tomb Raider) is targeting one new IP.
- Eidos Montreal (Deus Ex, Theif 4) is targeting one new IP.
- IO Interactive (Hitman) is targeting one new IP.
- Wimbledon (Championship Manager) is targeting one new IP.
This would make for a total of five new IPs to come out of Square Enix. Will we see them soon? All in due time, we suppose.