On the night of May 14, 2011, PlayStation Network went back online after over three weeks of downtime due to an illegal infiltration on its servers. With new security measures implemented and the long wait over, Sony is offering up compensation to consumers. And it’s a darn good!
After the PlayStation Store goes back online, all PlayStation Network customers can select two PlayStation 3 games from the following list to keep forever:
- Dead Nation
- Super Stardust HD
- Wipeout HD + Fury
PSP owners can select two of the following titles:
- LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
- ModNation Racers
- Pursuit Force
- Killzone Liberation
Additionally, all PlayStation Network users will receive:
- A selection of “On Us” movie rentals from the Video Store will be made available free over one weekend.
- Every PlayStation Network account will be upgraded to PlayStation Plus for 30 days.
- Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive an extra 60 days of free subscription.
- Existing Music Unlimited Premium Trial subscriptions will receive an additional 30 days of free subscription.
- Existing Music Unlimited Premium/Basic subscribers will receive an additional 30 days of free subscription.
- PlayStation Home will offer 100 free virtual items, including the “Home Mansion” personal space, “Ooblag’s Alien Casino,” and more.
The European equivalent of SCEA’s offer is a tad different. All the details can be found through here.
The PlayStation Store is not yet live. Once it’s up, we’ll have you informed.