The countdown begins. Sony Computer Entertainment America’s announced this morning that Sucker Punch’s highly anticipated inFAMOUS 2, the sequel to 2008′s critically-acclaimed PlayStation 3-exclusive, will launch in North America on June 7, 2011. The announcement also plays host to the reveal of pre-order incentives and a limited HERO Edition.
The HERO Edition, which will retail for $99.99, includes the following extra goodies:
- A copy of inFAMOUS 2
- 8.5 inch Cole MacGrath Statue
- inFAMOUS #1 DC Comics mini-comic
- Sling Pack modeled after Cole’s in-game gear
- Official inFAMOUS 2 HERO Edition digital soundtrack
- Super voucher code that allows players to redeem the: Kessler skin, 24K Gold Amp, Electrocution Grenade Power, and the Lightning Hook Power
Participating retailers have begun pre-order programs today. Incentives include one of the HERO Edition’s super voucher abilities. For example, pre-ordering at GameStop could net you a redemption code for the Electrocution Grenade. Retailer-specific content has yet to be announced.
Check out screenshots of the super voucher abilities, skin, and weapon, the official box art, and the HERO Edition packaging at the gallery.