Dengeki wasn’t the only Japanese magazine with a look at Square Enix’s recently discussed Final Fantasy games. Famitsu’s got a look at Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2, and Final Fantasy Type-0, as well.
Famitsu’s look on XIII-2 and Type-0 didn’t really provide any new information not seen in Dengeki. Their look at Versus XIII, on the other hand, filled in a few holes. They can be seen listed below (via Andriasang).
- Your characters in Versus will not have jobs. However, your enemies will include dragon knights (or dragoons if you prefer) and summoners.
- There is a summoning element to the game.
- Your weapon selection will include: swords, axes, spears/lances, hand guns, machine guns, rifles, bazookas, and shot guns. This is just a partial list, though.
- The Ignis character (the guy with the glasses) is good with assist-style attacks. He can toss knives at enemies.
- The character with the scar on his face uses a fighting style. He can make use of a pile bunker and broad sword.
- The blonde character is a gunner.
- The game will have positional damage elements for attacking enemies.
- Larger enemies will have weak points.
- The game does not have team attacks for your party members.
- You can combo your attacks across character changes — that is, you can keep your combo going when you switch the character you’re currently controlling.
- You can bring party members back to life if they die. The only exception is Noctis. If he dies, the game is over.
- The difficulty is being set towards the high end.