City Interactive’s announced today that their June-released Xbox 360 and PC first-person shooter, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, is coming to PlayStation 3 new and improved in early 2011.
The game didn’t do too well when it released this summer, averaging a 54 on Metacritic. The developer’s upping the ante for the PlayStation 3 release, though, including all the patches released for the Xbox 360 and PC versions on disc, and adding a host of new features, including:
- Fully upgraded gameplay and graphics;
- Exclusive single player missions for PS3TM owners;
- Bonus multiplayer maps;
- Exclusive new multiplayer modes including Capture the Flag and Hard Core difficulty mode
- Exclusive new sniper rifles including the L96 and the M200 Intervention
- Bonus single-player challenge: Additional mission with Hard Core mode to challenge the very best players.
“Sniper: Ghost Warrior was our most ambitious project to date and although it was extremely well-received by players, we wanted to ensure that the PS3 version took the franchise to a higher level,” said Marek Tyminski, CEO of City Interactive. “With exclusive content and modes, we are eager to introduce the best sniper game on the market to PS3 owners sometime in Q1 next year.”
Sniper: Ghost Warrior is out for PlayStation 3 in Q1 2011. Check out the screenshots at the gallery.